Pages

Monday, July 19

Vegan Treaties

My friend Emma visited yesterday and with our powers combined we created these delicious vegan marbled cupcakes. Emma had brought with her sparkly red baking bowls! (Somewhat like these) I liked them a lot, as I am known for collecting red and white kitchen things :-)

Emma also supplied the recipe which had things like soy milk and cider vinegar and margarine in it. (Things I don't have much experience baking with!)

To my surprise they turned out wonderfully! Such an interesting velvet texture, almost like perfectly steamed milk.




I also made some vegan choc & raspberry cookies, my favourite!
Here is how:

Oven 180C

1/2c raspberry jam
1/2c sugar
1/3c canola oil
1t vanilla extract
1/4t almond extract
1/2c & 2T cocoa
1 & 3/4c flour
3/4t baking soda
1/4t salt


Stir together the jam, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, and almond extract.

In a separate bowl, sift together the other ingredients. Add the dry to the wet in three batches, mixing well after each. You may need to use your hands to work into a dough!

Roll out and cut out desired shapes.

Bake for 10min

Then add a little jam to the middle, cook for a further 2 mins.
Then add a decoration to the top. I stuck nonpareils on with jam!



EAT LIBERALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...