Pages

Tuesday, October 19

The Pinchers

Inspired by this wee number from bed bath n table...

I decided to make my own!

Found some material, two types


Cut it to the size I wanted


Then sewed down the sides of each individually...


...to make two separate bags


I then sewed the bottom corners of the bags together



Then folded down the top and sewed along the edge.


I marked with chalk where the draw-string would come out


Using the buttonhole setting on my machine I sewed two places for where the string would exit


I cut down the middle of each to make the holes


Then I placed the drawstring around the neck of the bag and through the holes.


Making another fold in the neck, I covered the drawstring and pinned it out of the way, in order to sew the neck down without catching the string.


I sewed along the edge


And tested that it worked!


I then knotted the string on edge side so it wouldn't come undone.


Next I sewed on a loop of ribbon. This is so you can hang the bag at the washing line!


Next I embroidered this fancy doily type thing my friend Felicity gave me. It reads 'Pinces à linges' which is French for Clothes Pegs.


I hand-stitched this onto the bag


It was all finished!


I then filled it with pegs...


...and tested it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...